Highlights of the program features are listed below. Click, the "Details" button for additional information on the benefits, including exclusions and limitations.
Click here to download the pdf brochure.
This benefit provides up to $10,000, less a $100 deductible per Injury, for expenses resulting from an Injury due to an Accident, to the extent that the expenses are not covered under certain existing insurance that a member may have. Whether at work or at play, members can use this benefit for expenses that may include: emergency ambulance service, hospital, doctors' treatment, x-ray and lab, drugs, nursing care, physical therapy, and more.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Pays the beneficiary up to $10,000 for the member's death or loss of certain body parts, or loss of sight, speech or hearing, in a covered accident.
This insurance benefit is underwritten by Guarantee Trust Life Insurance company, an IL domiciled life insurance company with main offices located at 1275 Milwaukee Ave, Glenview, IL 60025. Licensed in all states except NY. Not available in AK, FL, MD, ME, MN, MT, NH, NV, NY, SD and UT.
Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company (GTL) provides the Accident Medical Coverage and the Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage. GTL does not provide nor is it affiliated with any of the other programs provided as a part of the membership in USA+. The association membership fee you will be charged includes insurance premiums of $18.10 Individual/$45.25 Family which are paid to GTL.
The Policy does not provide benefits for:
• Treatment, services or supplies which:
• Are not Medically Necessary;
• Are not prescribed by a Doctor as necessary to treat an Injury;
• Are determined to be Experimental/Investigational in nature;
• Are received without charge or legal obligation to pay;
• Are received from persons employed or retained by any Family Member, unless otherwise specified; or
• Are not specifically listed as Covered Charges in the Policy.
• Injury by acts of war, whether declared or not.
• Injury received while traveling or flying by air, except as a fare-paying passenger and not as a pilot or crew member, on a regularly scheduled commercial airline.
• Injury covered by Worker’s Compensation, Employer Liability law or Occupational Disease
Act or Law.
• Dental treatment, except as specifically stated.
• Injury sustained while committing or attempting to commit a felony.
• Prescription Drugs except as specifically stated.
• Suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane.
• Intentionally self-inflicted Injury.
• Loss resulting from being legally intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol as defined by the laws of the state or jurisdiction in which the Injury occurs.
• Loss resulting from being under the influence of any drugs or narcotic unless administered on the advice of a Doctor.
• Injury sustained while participating in or practicing for any professional, intercollegiate or club sports activity, except as specifically provided.
• Injury which occurs while a Covered Person is on active duty service in any armed forces. Reserve or National Guard active duty for training is not excluded unless it extends beyond
• Injury sustained flying in an ultra light, hang gliding, parachuting or bungee-cord jumping, by flight in a space craft or any craft designed for navigation above or beyond the earth’s atmosphere.
• Injury sustained while driving or riding on vehicles for off-road use including but not limited to all-terrain vehicles (ATV’s).
• Injury sustained where a Covered Person is the operator and does not possess a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license, except in a Driver’s Education Program.
• Treatment in any Veteran’s Administration or federal Hospital, except if there is a legal obligation to pay;
• Cosmetic surgery, except for reconstructive surgery on an injured part of the body.
• Covered Charges incurred outside of the United States or its possessions
• Competing in motor sports races or competitions;
• Competing in water sports races or competitions;
• Testing cars/trucks on any racetrack or speedway;
• Handling, storing or transporting explosives;
• Scaling up cliffs or mountain walls;
• Spelunking (exploring caves);
• Handling or working with dangerous animals.
• Injury sustained while water skiing or surfboarding;
• Injury sustained while snow skiing or snowboarding;
• Injury sustained while roller blading or skateboarding;
• Injury sustained while participating in a rodeo.
• Repetitive motion injuries, strains, hernia, tendonitis, bursitis and heat exhaustion not related to a specific Injury.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
Your MEDEX ID card is your key to travel security. If you have a medical or travel problem, simply call us for assistance.
A multilingual assistance coordinator will ask for your name, your company or group name, the group number shown on your ID card, and a description of your situation. We will immediately begin assisting you. A full list of offered services can be found in your handbook.
If the condition is an emergency, you should go immediately to the nearest physician or hospital without delay and then contact one of the Assistance Centers. We will then take the appropriate action to assist you and monitor your care until the situation is resolved.
You and your doctor have access to the medical guidance of over 50,000 of the leading medical specialists in over 400 subspecialties of medicine. This benefit provides you with the following services:
InterConsultation™- a high level second opinion, to confirm diagnosis and treatment.
FindBestDoc™- assistance in locating doctors in your area that have been identified as ‘best’ by their peers to treat specific medical conditions.
FindBestCare® - arranging access to hospitals and treatment.
BEST DOCTORS, INFORMATION WHEN IT MATTERS MOST, the Best Doctors logo, FINDBESTDOC, INTERCONSULTATION, and FINDBESTCARE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Best Doctors, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries and are used under license.
• They’ll pinpoint the problem. Experts will assist your doctor to determine the right next steps.
• They’ll find the right physician. They’ll identify the right specialist or family doctor for you.
• They’ll be there the whole way.
A personal advocate will guide you through the process.
Simply call 1-888-362-8677 and a Best Doctors Personal Advocate will Help you receive the information needed to get the right treatment the first time.
In the event that an eligible member suffers from a “certified injury” that requires emergency medical transportation by helicopter in accordance with EMS protocols, the program will reimburse the participant up to a maximum of $7,000.00 per occurrence. Reimbursement includes expenses incurred from the cost of “Medically Necessary” or “Life Threatening” helicopter transportation from the scene of an accident to the nearest medical facility capable of treating the injuries or from one medical facility to another medical facility. Claims for “Medically Necessary” transports from one medical facility to another medical facility are subject to review by Lifeguard’s Medical Officer.
• One benefit will be paid per occurrence.
• Benefit in excess of all other valid collectable insurance.
• Coverage is worldwide.
• Transportation by helicopter only.
This benefit is provided to USA+ members by Lifeguard Emergency Travel, Inc. Certain terms and conditions apply and benefits are subject to the Exclusions and Limitations. See your membership Handbook for the details.
How you benefit
Many individuals lose their job due to a company re-location, company downsizing or as the result of natural disasters. For most individuals, loss of employment also means a monetary loss.
The Benefits Protector program helps cushion the impact of economic downturns that occur. Should you lose your job through no fault of your own, we will be there for you. Your membership dues will be waived and your membership benefits will continue for three (3) months. (Certain Terms and Conditions Apply.
How to use your benefit
1. Notify USA+ within 20 days of the loss of employment. Notice must be submitted to USA+ at the following address:
P O Box 200905
Arlington, Texas 76006-0905
2. Upon receipt of your written request, USA+ will send you a Benefits Requests application to complete and return to USA+.
3. When the completed form is received, USA+ will contact your former employer and validate the reason for separation.
4. If the employer confirms that the loss of employment was not the result of misconduct connected with your work and you did not voluntarily quit, you will receive a letter from USA+ confirming the continuation of your USA+ membership.
5. If the employer is not able to confirm your loss of employment, you will receive a letter from USA+ stating that we are unable to continue your USA+ membership.
USA+ is committed to the promotion of equal access to health care for all Americans. In order to ensure equal access to health care, it is important that there are sufficient medical providers available to serve the public. For that reason, USA+ developed a scholarship program. This program will provide scholarships to outstanding high school seniors that show promise of continued academic performance. This program is only available to dependent children and grandchildren of USA+ members and will allow deserving students to attain their educational goals.
Members that have maintained good standing for at least six consecutive months are eligible to submit a scholarship application on behalf of their dependent children and grand children.
Scholarship Award Criteria
Applicants scheduled course of study must be a medical related field and the recipient must be a full time student (minimum of 12 hours per semester). The selection criteria that will be used will include the following:
• Academic achievement, including grades, rank in class, standardized test scores and achievement test scores. Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Community/extracurricular involvement
• Participation in specific activities
• Awards and recognition
• Work history
• Personal or family attributes
• Field of Study: Must be health care related, such as: Nursing, Radiology, School of Medicine,Nuclear medicine, etc.
The USA+ membership is not an insurance contract. The membership includes insured & non-insured benefits. This is an Association Membership offered and administered by United Service Association For Health Care, P.O. Box 200905, Arlington, TX 76006-0905, 800-USA-1187. Not available in all states. Please contact USA+ for state availability.
(800) 872-1187 and email@example.com
Type: Individual1st Month Dues: $69.00Monthly Dues: $69.00Setup Fee: $0.00
Type: Family1st Month Dues: $119.00Monthly Dues: $119.00Setup Fee: $0.00